Project Cost Controller
This leading international general contractor is urgently looking for a Construction Cost Controller for a major new Data Centre project in South Wales.
• Input and/or control the data loaded into the accounting system - SAP (PO and subcontracts), in interaction with site teams and accounting department.
• Ensure the individual projects are reviewed monthly with the site teams, establish the monthly cost control and explain variances – KPIs : Turnover / End of project forecasted margin / Invoicing and cash.
• Raise Client Purchase Orders and Invoices in SAP, keep records updated, ensure payment is received, and proactively chase overdue payments.
• Actively work towards a greater automatization of the cost control processes through SAP and digital tools.
• Receipting and monitoring Purchase Orders, dealing with invoices and disputes, in our accounting and finance tool (SAP), and liaise with sites and other departments – to ensure our supply chain is paid on time.
• Work alongside the wider accounting department for all financial issues including suppliers and subcontractor payments.
• Monitor supply chain payment performance KPIs and deliver action plans towards these.
• Drafting subcontractor / consultants agreements as required, liaising with subcontractors, monitoring signature of agreements / monthly applications & payments process.
• Comply with the Company’s Policies, Management Plans and procedures.
• Understand, interpret, and constructively challenge to improve processes and delivery business performance.
• Fulfil Health and Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Health and Safety Policy.
• Working knowledge of Excel.
• Ability to complete detailed analysis of cost variances with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work and manipulate large data sets.
• Be able to interpret and communicate financial performance.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an effective team player.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast place environment.
• Experience of SAP software.
• Experience in construction or industrial environment, ideally Data Centre or similar experience.
Please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org