An excellent opportunity has arisen for you become Construction Health & Safety Manager to join a leading principal contractor, delivering an array of large build projects across the Northern Homes Counties and South-East region. You will be very strong operationally whilst having an ‘upwards gaze’ in providing strategic solutions for the good of the business and able to build relationships whilst managing sub-contractors and their safety output. Due to the nature of the projects, large turnkey construction experience is essential.
Reporting into the Group SHE Director you will be:
• Undertaking monitoring of the health, safety and the environment processes
• Monitoring Health and Safety performance within the Business Unit and preparing appropriate reports
• Demonstrating exceptional leaderships by your beliefs and behaviours
• Ensuring site-based management are focused on delivering a safe and healthy working environment.
• Advising sites on Project-specific health, safety and environment issues
• Working proactively to identify potential risks and areas for continuous improvement
• An integral team member in driving safety across their site portfolio in the region
• A confident communicator able to manage up as well as down
You will be an experienced, confident professional with a passion for Health & Safety, plus an ability to work with people to improve performance. You will also be:
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• A member of IEMA
• Experienced in large-scale, turnkey construction projects
• Experienced in High-rise construction and tower cranes
• Qualified in Engineering or Construction Management
• Experienced in Temporary Works and their practical application on projects
• Well-versed in ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001
This is an excellent chance for you to join an industry leader in across burgeoning sectors with great development opportunities. You will earn an excellent package between £80-85,000 (dependant on experience) plus car/car allowance, discretionary bonus and other corporate benefits it provides an excellent opportunity to join an industry-leading contractor and forward-thinking Health & Safety team.