Company details and job overview:
An international and global giant operating across the construction and infrastructure sector, this business are seen as the sector lead who operate from a number of UK sites as well as overseas. A stable and highly profitable organization, they offer development and training at all levels and are an employer of choice across many areas. With various long-term contracts and further pipeline they boast success stories on some of the largest construction projects across the UK.
Salary and Enhanced Benefits include:
Salary up to £50,000 p.a.
Hybrid Working - 1 day
Car allowance/vehicle in addition
Your new role as Project Cost Accountant:
Supporting the Financial Controller and Project Cost Manager, you shall be responsible for the cost management over various areas of the business in line with ongoing projects. Working on some of the largest contracts for the business, you shall enable cost management and be responsible for the production of analysis to support the budgeting process.
Main Role Duties:
• Preparation of budgets with site management.
• Ensures adequate analytical coding of all recorded expenses,
• On a weekly basis review labor and plant reports
• On a monthly basis:
- Collects main quantities and monitor inventory management (aggregates,precast,concrete,etc….) and generates earned value
- Ensures with Financial Department all costs and accruals are recorded during the month closing,
- Participates to the monthly cost report issurance with the preparation of the Cost Value Reconciliation Report (CVR)
- Conducts analysis between earned value and real expenses
- Conducts analysis on CVR variances: Self-Delivery Analysis (outputs, manhours, rates, quantities, machine efficiencies) and Subcontracted works (coordinates with QS adequate analysis of the main changes (quantities, rates, CEs)
- Prepares end of site trend/Rolling Forecast
• Maintains monitoring systems for all cost indicators, targets and standards Management & Performances requested,
• Prepares Ad hoc analysis of costs, scenarios, efficiencies, if & when requested
• Alerts management on budget variations and proposes improvement axis & actions plans to prevent recurring variations
• Alert management for all irregularities detected
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered you shall have a strong academic background and have over 2 years of relevant experience gained within a contracting/projects environment, ideally as a Project Cost Accountant. A self-starter, highly motivated, energetic and dedicated, with excellent knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting, you shall also have strong excel skills with the ability to travel between offices (driving licence is essential)
Salary and reward on offer:
Working for one of the largest construction and specialist engineering businesses across the globe, this opportunity will provide scope to develop, progress and enhance your skills. A business who have a proven track record of developing their proposition in a competitive environment, this role is rewarded with a number of benefits
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman – Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.