£28,000 plus package
Our client is a top multi-disciplinary principal contractor who currently has an opportunity within their civils infrastructure division for a site-based Cost Clerk to work on a large infrastructure scheme valued at £20m in Staffordshire that consists of infrastructure works including plots, roads, services, drainage, ducting installation, section 278’s and utility diversions.
The business is the largest employee-owned contractor in the UK, with a strong family-oriented ethos and is listed as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the UK.
With a turnover exceeding £700 million the business undertakes major multi-disciplinary construction projects within Building, Civil Engineering, Demolition, Land Remediation, Land Restoration, Sports & Leisure, and Rail.
Our client is looking for candidates with experience working as a Cost Clerk or Cost Manager for a main contractor with experience working in accounts / purchase ledger / cost control / admin roles.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Maintain register of Purchase orders
• Maintain log and carry out submission of requisition documents to plant/buying department
• Maintain log of purchase order numbers and hard copy file of orders.
• Entry of GRN’s onto Xpedeon
• Regular liaison with the accounts department to ensure all the GRN entries are acceptable.
• Monitor and update Purchase orders as and when required.
• Maintain and update weekly resource register
• Log all deliveries to site and complete Weekly returns for Materials, Plant and Labour.
• Log all other cost categories as required for completeness. (e.g. Staff allocations).
• Hold weekly meetings with the site team to ensure all items are included.
• Regularly check the system to monitor all rates and costs
• Use all information to compile monthly Site cost file for use in monthly reporting.
• Compilation of Test Data
• Entry of test data and results into Excel spreadsheet (Spreadsheet analysis as required)
• Assist the Commercial Team when required
• Run reports and distribute to teams as and when required
• Assist with the integration of information from the weekly return to the overall resource register
• Provide administration support to Office Manager and Core Team as necessary
• Copy correspondence and print files as required
• Reception cover as necessary.
• Up to £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)
• Company benefits package
• Plus more
To express your interest please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black’s Birmingham offices.