Company Details and Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of St. Helens, within easy commute from the M6, my client is a rapidly growing market leader and they are seeking to recruit an experienced and driven Credit Control Team Leader to join their existing team. Due to acquisitions and continued expansion, this role is available for an immediate start for the right candidate. This is a really exciting time to join the business.
Your New Role as the Credit Control Team Leader:
As the new Credit Team Leader you will report directly into the Financial Controller. The duties will be as follows:
- Management of a small team of credit controllers ensuring collections targets are met and personal development plans are achieved
- Manage the timely resolution of all invoicing and payment queries related to customers in collaboration with customer services department
- Resolution of the backlog of queries related to the historical billing platform to ensure all core customer accounts are reconciled and customers are fully utilising self-service functionality
- Ensure all customer data is accurately recorded and updated on the relevant system
- Build good working relationships with other internal teams to ensure the smooth running of accounts
- Responsible for meeting targets in monthly receivables and keeping bad debt to a minimum
- Manage bad debts effectively, initiating proceedings to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion and liaise with external firms regarding legal action where required
- Assess and monitor credit limits and credit risk
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action
- Measure incidence and ensure all queries are resolved in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare and complete the monthly cash forecast and associated reports for core accounts for review by the Financial Controller
- Ensure collections activity is correctly recorded and updated on the relevant system
- Ensure AR reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis in collaboration with the shared service centre
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this position, you will have previous experience of carrying out the duties listed above (or similar). In addition you will have the following attributes:-
• Team leader, supervisory or management experience
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills
• Results orientated, initiative-taker
• Excellent attention to detail, communication, presentation, literacy, and numeracy skills.
• Capable of setting priorities and bench marking progress towards achieving objectives.
• Ability to work to deadlines and manage the work of others efficiently.
• Ability to form strong interpersonal relationships with a wide range of people drawn from different parts of the company and customers
• Proficient in the use of finance related software
• Willing to learn new skills, undertake training courses and development when appropriate.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a successful business which has further growth plans throughout the next 12 months and beyond. You will join a supportive and talented finance team. This company is offering longevity and an excellent working environment.
This vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.