Company details and job overview:
Kenton Black Finance are delighted to be working with a highly reputable family run company who provide a vast range of equipment and supplies to businesses such as factories, public sites and airports to name a few. This client supply to customers across the UK and they are growing. My client is looking to add to their existing finance team and recruit a Credit Control expert.
Your new role as a Credit Controller:
As the Credit Controller you will have sole responsibility for the collection of outstanding monies for the business. Our client is looking for a candidate who is particularly strong at relationship building, someone who can influence and negotiate to achieve the desired outcome. This is a key role within the business and therefore candidate must be experienced.
Working Hours/ Days: 8am – 4.30pm Mon – Fri OR 8.30am – 5pm.
Day to day duties:
• Credit Control
• Actively chasing outstanding debts (std terms 30 days, some larger accounts at 90 days and cannot be influenced, but room to improve debtor days), approx. 1000 live accounts at present
• Ensure timely receipt of sales invoices
• Manage and update credit control system
• Correctly allocate all customer receipts on a daily basis
• Send out monthly statements to all customers
• Highlight billing issues to management within the business
• Create and present bad debt reports on a weekly basis
• Regularly update and confirm account details are correct
• Take full ownership for invoice related queries and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
• A solid Credit Control background
• Prefer SME Environment
• Computer literate, strong excel skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meeting every changing priorities
• Flexible approach
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• A positive and proactive nature with the ability to self-manage and organise your time and tasks
• Drive and proactivity
Salary and reward on offer:
A competitive salary offered, additional holiday for your birthday, parking facilities, day off available for volunteer work. In addition to this the company will also offer study support should you wish.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachael West – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.