Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with a family run business in the Wigan area who have been operating for almost 20 years years. With a turnover of circa 28 million pounds, our Client pride themselves on the service they provide to their customers. They now seek to appoint a stand alone Credit Controller on a permanent, full-time basis.
Your New Role as the Credit Controller:
As the new Credit Controller you will report directly into the Finance Manager. The duties will be as follows:
- The primary purpose of the credit controller is to support the credit control processes, ensuring that all payments, credit limits and associated paperwork are transacted within agreed service levels. In addition, they play an important role in the identification and resolution of discrepancies
- Initial set up of new customer account through credit checks, notify customer of agreed credit limit and term in line with company policy
- Effective debt collection and maintenance of the accounts ensuring customers adhere to payment terms and credit limits
- Sales invoices and credit note generation and sending invoices and statements to customers
- Sales receipts allocation and reconciliations
- Liaising with invoice finance partner to achieve cash collection targets, providing timely and accurate information
- Preparing the paperwork for defaulting debtors and forwarding to the invoice finance partner at the end of the Collection Cycle
- Bring to the attention of Senior Management any significant risk relating to potential bad debt, bounced cheques, payment reversal
- Prepare information for senior management to review credit limits on a regular basis, evaluating and minimising possible risks
- Weekly and monthly reconciliation of trade debtors
- National stats reporting
- Production of various KPI reports any other ad hoc duties as required for Senior management
- Ensuring good working relations and timely communications will all team members and customers and resolution of any queries
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this position, you will have previous experience of carrying out the duties listed above (or similar). In addition you will have the following attributes:-
- Proven experience working within a credit control role
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to “get results” whilst maintaining cordial relationships with key stakeholders
- IT literacy with superb knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SAP Business One will be preferable but not essential
- High level of attention to detail, numerate and literate
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Proactive approach to achieve superb results
- Ability to work using own initiative and team player
Salary and Reward on Offer:
You will be paid a competitive salary and given the opportunity to work alongside a knowledgeable team. My client offer 20 days annual leave (rising to 25 with service), pension scheme, free parking, and discount on products.
This vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.