Company details and job overview:
An international and global giant operating across the construction and infrastructure sector, this business are seen as the sector lead who operate from a number of UK sites as well as overseas. A stable and highly profitable organization, they offer development and training at all levels and are an employer of choice across many areas. With various long-term contracts and further pipeline they boast success stories on some of the largest construction projects across the UK.
Salary and Enhanced Benefits include:
Salary up to £55,000 p.a.
Hybrid Working - 1 day
Car allowance/vehicle included
Your new role as Deputy Financial Controller:
Supporting the Financial Controller in building robust and timely financial documents, you shall partner closely with commercial heads to develop an evolving controls environment, minimising financial risks of the business unit. Working on one of the largest contracts for the business, you shall enable financial reporting, producing reports and partnering to ensure commercial activity across the business. Enabling the decision making process you shall maintain the effective production of reports and month-end accounting whilst developing internal process to enhance the detail available.
Main Role Duties:
• Deliver effective and efficient Financial Controls and Reporting, reviewing and improving this area on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure the overall control and review of financial information in terms of results, forecasts and cash flows,
• Prepare and maintains financial records and reports on a monthly basis, including Balance Sheets and Profit and Loss Accounts with specific follow up (general ledger, accounts payable, accruals, accounts receivable, payroll, inventories, assets register, etc.)
• Work closely with the cost controller department (financial analysts) to highlight areas for the attention of the Sublot senior management team to facilitate decision making
• Account reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Forecast preparation in coordination with the project controls, delivery, and commercial teams. Including cash and spend profiles
• Participate to internal and external financial audits if & when required
• Lead and promote lean practises and continuous improvement
• Be proactive in identifying weak signals and leading indicators of potential issues on the project.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered you shall have a strong academic background and be a fully qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) accountant with 5+ years experience in a finance role. A self-starter, highly motivated, energetic and dedicated, with a strong track record of effective partnering with non-financial stakeholders you shall also be well rehearsed in overseeing process and procedure review and implementing change to streamline this area. Able to work on your own initiative. Your experience shall be gained through a project driven environment. There may be travel so the ability to drive is also essential.
Salary and reward on offer:
Working for one of the largest construction and specialist engineering businesses across the globe, this opportunity will provide scope to develop, progress and enhance your skills. A business who have a proven track record of developing their proposition in a competitive environment, this role is rewarded with a number of benefits
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman – Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.