Chemistry deputy laboratory manager
This is a permanent opportunity . The salary is negotiable. Kenton Black Scientific is a recruitment partner to one of the leading environmental testing laboratory. In this role you will be leading the chemistry testing laboratory on a day to day basis.
Responsible to running day to day activities within the chemistry laboratory
Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching
Project manage new methods/equipment
Provide training to new staff members
Responsible for designing and managing processes to improve food safety quality management systems
Makes effective decisions about creative ideas and how to implement them
Uses knowledge of product and process to define and evaluate new procedures and services that lead to significant increase in business performance.
Integrates the latest techniques and ensure technology is appropriately embedded and resourced.
Ensure that adequate amount of staff is present at all times in the laboratory
Ensure all team members are performing duties/tests according ISO17025 guidelines
Provide training for all department staff
• Degree in science or equivalent
• Understanding of ISO, UKAS, audit procedures and methods.
• Proven operational experience and team management within food/water/environmental chemistry testing laboratory
• Excellent experience in using analytical techniques such as GC-MS, HPLC, GC-FID
• Excellent understanding of food safety
• Good laboratory skills and practices as well as chemistry techniques
• Proven project management skills and experience, lean production principles