Kenton Black are currently working with a main contractor to recruit a Design Coordinator, based within 1 hour of Gatwick.
You will be working under the Senior Design Manager as part of the Design Team, on multiple commercial and industrial contracts, ranging from £20m - £150m in value
• Reviewing drawings, reports and technical information supplied by the in-house team and external consultants. Feeding any comments or findings back into the design team with potential improvement recommendations.
• Making minor alterations to drawings when required.
• Understanding building control regulations up to RIBA stage 5.
• Coordinating the design team for each project at the right time.
• Collating and presenting each design team member with the relevant information, instructing them on how to action the information.
• Attending site as and when required to review onsite queries and design related issues.
• Supporting Project Managers and Contractors through practical recommendations on how to resolve any arising issues. These solutions will then be feed back into the design team to alert them of any on-site changes, and action any design amendments.
• Taking ownership of project BIM models and review them for clashes, model information and collaboration coordination. Align project BIM models to ensure all discipline designs are in-line.
• Developing the Company's BIM models, through consulting with suppliers and manufacturers. Creating the relevant BIM protocols for each project/discipline.