£55k - £60k + Car Allowance + Company Benefits
My Client are a large Main Contractor operating throughout the UK on projects from £10m - £100m+ in the construction build sector. Due to expansion and an impressive order-book of works there is a requirement for an experienced Design Manager to join the Northeast Office covering projects in the Northeast region.
Reporting to the Regional Director, covering all aspects of design coordination for the region on projects throughout the Northeast. Sectors include: industrial, retail, student accommodation and commercial.
• Organising and chairing the Design team meetings, leading the process with the consultants and sub contract designers, issuing minutes and ensuring all actions are actioned.
• Gather and organise all contract specifications as well as drawings and related documents for the construction process.
• Carry out drawing reviews issuing comments and ensuring all comments are added accordingly in-line with design
• Responsible for technical reviews of all proposed works to ensure both technical and contractual compliance
• Plan and manage the Design and procurement schedule, issue information release schedules to set design target dates
• Have input into the procurement process
• Give Design support to operational project management teams
• Identify and implement value engineering opportunities
• Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance
• Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy all planning conditions are discharged
• Manage the Design Change Proposals for client sign off
• Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
• Issue, track and close out any Requests For Information that arise to enable the design to be completed.
• Assist in the collation of the O&M Health and Safety file
• From a Main Contractor construction background with a stable career history
• Experience working as a Design Manager on projects £20m - £30m
• A creative flair and a keen eye for details
• Excellent communication skill both written and verbal
Apply now with an up to date CV or contact Dan Standish at Kenton Black (Leeds) for more info