Role: Freelance Design Manager
Location: Worcestershire / Birmingham (Midlands)
Day Rate: £300 - £350 per day (depending on experience) (Outside IR35)
Duration: 6 Months + (Ongoing)
Sectors: Affordable Housing / Student Accomodation
Kenton Black are working with an Main Contractor who are currently recruiting a Design Manager to join the team for a long term freelance opportunity. There will be a multitude of projects that range from Student Accommodation, Apartments, and Commercial projects in and around Birmingham. They are looking for a Freelance Design Manager to work a split between site based and home working. you MUST have main contracting experience working on commercial projects previously, high-rise projects are extremely beneficial.
• Manage the pre-construction process, and promote integration of disciplines
• Develop the Clients Brief to eliminate risk, and ensure the project evolves to meet financial and time parameters
• Assist in Risk Management at bid stage
• Enhance external relationships through excellent project management skills
• Manage the development of whole-life programmes from the earliest opportunity, ensuring full understanding and commitment from all disciplines, both internally and externally
• Motivate and Manage the Design Coordinators, other members of the Preconstruction Team and various stakeholders to deliver the project from the Tender Stage to start on site.
• Also ensuring the optimum solution to each scheme and sharing 'best practice' across the business
If you are interested in hearing more about this role then please contact Conner Keyter on 0330 055 2229 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org