Development Chemist -
Cosmetic and Household FMCG Development chemists are needed in Birmingham. These chemists will be joining an existing NPD Team for development and supply of products to highly respected brands and retailers in Birmingham. These chemists will be on a full-time permanent role based at the site in Birmingham.
The role will involve:
• Assisting the Chemists/Technical Managers in the day to day running of the laboratory.
• Formulating and making formulations and preparing samples for customer evaluation, product stability and compatibility testing.
• Claims support work, artwork approval, supporting product scale up and production/commissioning • New R&D innovations and EPD activities
• Maintain accurate records relating to the development and production of safe and legal formulations.
• Preparing bulks for user trial, clinical efficiency testing, safety testing and any other appropriate purposes.
• Work closely with the Process Chemist and Process department to ensure products are scaled up successfully.
• Perform and maintain the COSHH system for raw material safety evaluation.
• Support pilot batch and first production, with support of Chemist/Technical Manager if required.
• Demonstrate effectiveness as a member of the Technical Team through consistent professional conduct and role model behaviour. • In-house market knowledge & trends To apply for this position, you will need to have:
• Top level Chemistry, Cosmetic Science graduate or similar
• Preferably have undertaken internship, a placement year or have experience in Labs in FMCG settling
• Strong interest in cosmetic and household Science and working in a Laboratory Environment
• Knowledge and understanding of formulation development, project management and product scale up
• Problem solving skills
• Competitive Salary and Bonus
• Free parking
• Cylce to work scheme