Document Controller - Civils
Up to £35k + Car/Allowance + Benefits
Tier 1 Contractor - Permanent Role
Our client is currently recruiting for a Document Controller to join their busy site team on a high profile Civils/Highways Project in West Yorkshire. They are established in the region with work for the next 3-5 years secured.
Role/requirements as follows:
Setting up document control systems for the project
Managing the control of documents using 4Projects
General office management duties.
Dealing with a wide range of internal staff, clients, architects, engineers and more.
You will be using Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Viewpoint and other systems on a daily basis so you must have a strong set of IT skills.
The role will also offer you the opportunity to gain experience in office management and as you grow with the business the opportunity to pick up new skills and experience.
• Manage the Viewpoint for Projects (VFP) system as the preferred common data environment (CDE) for the lifecycle of the project and manage in line with Digital Project Delivery (DPD) procedures.
• Manage and host VFP training sessions for new users within the project team, either with groups or on an individual basis
• Act as main point of contact for support and coaching of project users of VFP, including third parties such as client teams, designers, subcontractors
• Development of project file naming protocols with information systems manager and project team, in line with DPD protocols
• Develop workflows alongside ISM, and manage throughout project lifecycle, with direction from the project team, in line with DPD procedures
• Configuration and implementation of change control processes within the CDE
• Validation, checking and curating of all incoming and outgoing project documentation to the CDE including receipt, classification, verification, registry, distribution, and retrieval
• Configuration and preparation of status reports on workflows, sample submissions, TQs, RFIs and other reportable data
• Preparation and configuration of distribution matrices in compliance with project requirements
• Establishment and maintenance of central site files, uncontrolled drawings, and registers
• Collation of operation and maintenance, health and safety, quality, and environmental files
• Attend meetings to allow engagement of team and stakeholders
• Continuously identify and communicate opportunities for enhancement and reduction of waste and risks to project manager
• Cover of other document controllers’ duties for holiday / sickness, if applicable
What's in it for you?
Apart from a great pipeline of high profile work with a cash rich company one the big draws for this company is the way they look after their staff. Whether that is great benefits or the team ethos that they look to promote from the Regional heads of the business down through to investment in staff it's a great option.
For full details of the role please click the link to apply or contact me on 07974 157 401 or forward your CV in confidence to email@example.com