Construction Document Controller
£35k - £38k + Company Benefits
This truly is a fantastic opportunity for an experience Document to join one of the best names in the industry. With an ever-growing pipeline of work, new clients and expanding team it’s an exciting time to join this dynamic and forward-thinking company.
The project will be a very high profile build in the centre of Manchester with a role that will see you wearing many different hats managing the control of documents using Viewpoint and Field View digital documentation systems and MS Office Suite. You will be dealing with a wide range of internal staff, clients, architects, engineers and more.
• Experience of utilising and managing the Viewpoint for Projects (VFP) and Field View (FV) systems as the preferred common data environment (CDE) for the lifecycle of the project
• Familiarity with Dalux is also highly preferable.
• Comprehensive understanding of naming conventions aligning with ISO 19650.
• Act as main point of contact for support and coaching of project users of VFP, including third parties such as client teams, designers, subcontractors
• Development of project file naming protocols with information systems manager and project team, in line with DPD protocols
• Develop workflows alongside ISM, and manage throughout project lifecycle, with direction from the project team, in line with DPD procedures
• Configuration and implementation of change control processes within the CDE
• Validation, checking and curating of all incoming and outgoing project documentation to the CDE including receipt, classification, verification, registry, distribution, and retrieval
• Configuration and preparation of status reports on workflows, sample submissions, TQs, RFIs and other reportable data
• Preparation and configuration of distribution matrices in compliance with project requirements
• Establishment and maintenance of central site files, uncontrolled drawings, and registers
• Collation of operation and maintenance, health and safety, quality, and environmental files
• Attend meetings to allow engagement of team and stakeholders
• Continuously identify and communicate opportunities for enhancement and reduction of waste and risks to project manager
• Cover of other document controllers’ duties for holiday / sickness, if applicable
Skills and Experience:
• Experience of working on projects with large volumes of data and information from various sources
• Advanced experience of a CDE
• Ability to effectively communicate with, and educate all stakeholders in the DPD protocols, ensuring the protocols are strictly adhered to
• Experience of dealing with multidisciplinary design teams and client teams
• Experience of dealing with the sub-contractors and the wider supply chain
• Ability and willingness to train others
• Comprehension of naming conventions to BS 1192 or ISO 19650
• Well organised and self-motivated
• Diligent and an analytical thinker
• Excellent document preparation and formatting skills
• Ability to prioritise work, multitask and troubleshoot
• Good time management skills
• Interest in project delivery processes, project administration and the wider industry
What's in it for you?
Apart from a great pipeline of high profile work with a cash rich company one the big draws for this company is the way they look after their staff. Whether that is great benefits or the team ethos that they look to promote from the Regional heads of the business down through to investment in staff it's a great option.
For full details of the role please click the link to apply or contact me on 07974 157 401 or forward your CV in confidence to email@example.com