A leading earthworks and civil engineering contractor are looking for an Energy & Carbon Reduction Advisor to join their ranks in an exciting period of growth. You will have a passion for Zero Carbon initiatives and helping reduce their carbon emissions and ensure a sustainable future for them and the wider construction industry.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Carbon footprinting, long term forecasting and creation of high-level impact assessments to enable movement towards a Zero Carbon position in future
• Understanding drivers for reducing carbon emissions
• Reviewing, forecasting and planning reductions in customer carbon emissions.
• Utilising MS excel and other software-based methodologies for calculating carbon footprints, forecasting future emissions and planning reductions
• Producing written reports to management regarding carbon footprints and strategies to reduce emissions
• Presenting findings and key elements of advice to internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to communicate the key benefits of our carbon reduction
• Stay up to date with new technology, innovations, and best practice in the industry to accelerate Collin’s sustainability journey.
This position includes liaising with both internal and external stakeholders up to senior management level to ensure the successful delivery of carbon reduction solutions to clients and principal contractors.
Personal Development within the role is expected and supported, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing market will be fundamental in driving forward innovation in environmental management and sustainability.
You will need:
• An appropriate Degree-level qualification or relevant experience and accreditations with bodies such as CIBSE, Energy Institute or IEMA such as Energy Management or Sustainability
• Some prior knowledge or experience of assessing or measuring greenhouse gas emissions
• Analysing and interpreting large data sets and using calculations to conclude results and recommendations.
• Experience of producing written reports cohesively setting out results and findings
• Experience of influencing strategic stakeholders
An exciting time to join an exceptionally busy and growing contractor, this would suit a newly qualified Carbon Reduction or Sustainability professional who operates well with statistical data and innovatively thinks about initiatives to drive sustainable futures.
They can offer you:
• £25-30,000 basic salary
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• Life assurance cover
• Company pension
• Office and hybrid working
• A culture of progression & development