We have a new opportunity for a Environmental Advisor to join my tier-one client, bolstering their civil engineering operation within the HSEQ team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the development of the Quality and Environmental management system for the group and maintaining the integrated ISO management system across the three standards (ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001). Duties include:
• Develop and maintain our 9001, 14001 and 45001 systems working closely with the Head of SHEQ and Health and Safety team
• Update and maintain on-line records for industry quality and safety schemes
• Arrange and coordinate external audits
• Receive, format and log company documentation and maintain the document control register
• Provision of advice to assist in the coordination, production, and development of procedural documentation from various departments
• Assist in the promotion of the ISO systems and the change required to move to accredited management system statu.
• Carry out internal audits and prepare audit reports
• Monitor and close out NCRs
• Review and update company policies and the legal register to maintain compliance with relative legislation.
• Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans to ensure corporate sustainable development
• Propose and implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical, and social responsibility
• Audit, analyse and report environmental performance
• Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the organization's environmental risks and financial costs
• Report monthly environmental metrics / KPIs against objectives
• Investigate environmental incidents
• Write environmental reports
Key skills and experience:
• Strong work ethic and a pragmatic approach, balancing the requirements of the standards against the needs of, and impact on, the business.
• Self-motivated and able to multi–task with a proactive approach to challenges.
• Excellent attention to detail; a methodical approach and a critical thinker.
• Good communicator able to build good working relationships across the business.
• Significant working experience of ISO9001 and ISO 14001 implementation.
• Strong environmental knowledge with membership of IEMA being an advantage.
• Highly computer literate especially in MS Word and Excel
• Full clean UK driving licence.
What’s in it for you?
• A salary of £32,000 - £38,000 + car/allowance.
• An industry-leading package.