Our construction client is looking to appoint an Environmental Advisor to support their operations in southern England. The base for this position is in Hertfordshire and will be split 70-30% site/office. This organisation is a market leader in multidisciplinary heavy civils works. The position would require travel to construction sites across the south & southeast.
You would be responsible for the following:
• Environmental Audits of construction sites, ensuring compliance to current legislation
• Attend site start-up meetings to establish environmental requirements (e.g. permits/noise, dust, vibration monitoring)
• Applications for project-specific licenses, permits, Section 61 Agreements etc
• Environmental monitoring reports to the Local Authority
• Liaise with Local Authorities, Environment agencies, other Statutory Bodies and residents when necessary
• Promote best environmental practices and work within the team to improve environmental performance
• Assist the project teams with the implementation of best environmental practices/innovations on-site
• A minimum of 2 years UK experience in an Environmental role in construction or civil engineering
• Environmental Qualification/Professional membership of an environmental institute
• Construction industry experience - essential
What's in it for you?
• A salary of up to £55,000 DOE
• Car or allowance
• Private medical cover