A leading specialist structural contractor are looking for you to join them as Environmental Manager where you will be responsible for overseeing the environmental performance of their projects across multiple sites across London. You will establish where improvements can be made and drive compliance across an exciting and challenging site portfolio. As well as this you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the requirements of ISO 14001 are delivered for designated projects within the region
• Supporting the delivery of Environmental Management at business level, as well as driving the delivery at a site level
• Management of environmental training across designated projects
• Reviewing monthly sustainability reports to ensure the environment reporting component is complete and accurate
• Delivering company compliance obligations – ESOS, SECR, Consents/Permits etc.
• Writing and approving site environmental management plans that include site waste management plans and risk registers
• Identifying aspects of the Company’s activities that can interact with the environment
• Maintaining and updating Environmental Management Action Plans
• Advising top management of resources requirement and availability.
• Reporting to top management on the effectiveness of the management system
• Identifies training needs for staff, operatives, suppliers and subcontractors
• Carries out internal communications e.g.: emails and environmental updates and alerts
You will be the Environmental figurehead within the group as such will possess the gravitas and experience to make a difference. Key competencies include:
• Experience within the construction industry and knowledgeable of Environmental and Sustainability risks and opportunities
• A good negotiator who is not afraid to challenge
• Able to communicate at appropriate levels in the with clients and senior leadership (ESSENTIAL)
• Working on bids, planning and pre-construction (ESSENTIAL)
• Well-versed in Environmental legislation, best practice, and a desire to constantly improve
• Qualified in relevant discipline (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced ISO 14001 Auditor (ESSENTIAL)
• Experience of sustainability assessments such as BREEAM, LEED & WELL
To be successful in this role you will need to be a proactive and self-motivated individual who works well under pressure also have the ability to influence and inspire others with a genuine passion about sustainability in the built environment.
You will earn an exceptionally competitive salary of between £55-65,000 plus full package including travel allowance and bonus and will join a forward thinking and dynamic company with superb HSEQ sensibilities.