Our tier-one construction client is looking to appoint an Environmental professional to support their operations in southern England. The base for this position is in Hertfordshire and will be split 70-30% site/office. This organisation is a market leader in multidisciplinary heavy civil works. The position would require travel to construction & utilities sites across the south & southeast.
• Lead on the maintenance of the environmental management system (EMS). This includes the development and updating of supporting policies, procedures and guidance documents in line with changing standards and legislation
• Lead internal audit process across the business to satisfy ISO 14001 requirements
• Support in the management of external audits in relation to ongoing ISO 14001 certification.
• Lead on investigation of significant environmental incidents.
• Lead on development and delivery of IEMA environmental training.
• Support the implementation of consistent measurement tools to capture non-financial objectives across the business.
• Lead on trend analysis of environmental KPIs to inform progress on Net Zero milestones and ensure fulfilment of reporting obligations
• Undertake internal and supply chain audits to verify environmental compliance
• Support the collation and validation of environmental reporting data including Board updates
• Support in the preparation of applications for external awards.
• Provide business development support as an environmental SME.
• Ensure ongoing certification to ISO 14001
• Improve environmental compliance across the business
• Deliver robust environmental reports to support Net Zero
• Support business environmental competency through the development and delivery of IEMA environmental training.
The job holder will have:
• Exceptional collaboration and stakeholder engagement skills, and experience in working across all levels of an organisation
• Experience of robust environmental reporting and validation with proven ability to analyse, interpret and present environmental data at appropriate levels for different stakeholder groups
• Experience in management and implementation of ISO 14001 systems and liaison with external certification bodies
• Experience of leading investigations on significant environmental incidents
• Experience in delivery of environmental training delivery and/or training qualification
• Good knowledge of current energy, carbon, and environmental legislation including requirements related to non-financial reporting (SECR)
• Degree level education (ideally in an environmental, sustainability, science, or business-related subject)
• Member of a relevant professional Institute e.g. IEMA
What's in it for you?
• A salary of £50,000 - £55,000
• Car or allowance
• Private medical cover