Build Estimator - Permanent - West Midlands - c£90,000 plus benefits
Commercial & Industrial schemes.
My client is an established main contractor who have progressively grown over the last 5 years and are looking to recruit an Estimator in West Midlands area, working on a variety of build projects ranging from £10m -£70million.
Working to the highest accuracy and quality, my client is looking for an experienced Estimator in the construction field who can work on varied projects and consider alternative solutions and value engineering.
• Sub-contract tender analysis.
• Building a close relationship with the Chief Estimator to review the status of tenders and department workload.
• Developing Client and Consultant relationships.
• Pricing a varied range of trades from first principles.
• Accurate interpretation of drawings and technical specifications.
• Undertaking Take Offs.
• Confident in attending pre-tender interview and post tender presentations.
Skills and Experience
• Confident communicator with both external and internal teams.
• A successful Estimator with a history of delivering a wide range of tenders.
• Must have experience of various construction methods.
• Confident in presenting plans clearly and accurately.
• Experience of value engineering and finding practical solutions to overcome barriers.
• PC Literate.
• BSc/HNC in Building studies or similar.
• Chartership to MCIOB or RICS would be supported.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a company who is going from strength to strength and winning new projects on a regular basis. You will earn a competitive salary/package and will be instrumental in the growth of this organisation.
For further information about this role please contact Jamie Taylor - Kenton Black - Birmingham Office