Estimator – London
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Estimator with an award-winning, growing site investigation company.
The business has over 20 years history and provides bespoke geotechnical environmental and structural investigation and assessment services in a wide range of sectors, from energy and transport infrastructure to commercial developments and defence.
Since their formation they have sustained steady growth and have been involved in numerous high-profile and complex projects throughout the UK and abroad. With a broad client base their aim is to deliver high-quality, tailor-made solutions and advice to their clients by adopting a cooperative, open and proactive approach.
They attribute their success to their people and are committed to maintaining a positive and enjoyable work environment. They are an equal opportunities employer with a culture that allows all our employees to develop in line with their aims and objectives.
• Estimator / Cost Consultant to enhance and develop an existing Estimating / BID team based in their London offices.
• The role offers an excellent opportunity for career development within an award-winning growing business.
• The successful candidate will be tasked with taking tenders from initial enquiry to submission of a fee proposal.
• He/she should be able to demonstrate a track record of successful tendering and costing jobs with values ranging from £10K to £2M in the groundworks,
ground investigation and civil engineering sectors.
• He/she should have a thorough understanding of contractual procedures and responsibilities and the ability to analyse and assess risk with good
negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
• Ability to develop new related work streams and/or new clients within existing core work streams (geotechnical, geo-environmental and structural
investigations and assessment) will be advantageous.
• The work will be mainly office based with site visits to price projects anywhere in the UK and occasionally abroad.
• Flexibility in terms of homeworking.
• Competitive salary (dependent on candidate’s experience).
• Excellent benefits package including pension.
• Great training and development opportunities, with support to achieve your career goals.
• Plus much more.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
• Tender pricing: Respond to tender queries, prepare and submit competitive investigation tender packages and quotations with values ranging from £10k
• Job costing: Calculate the price of time, labour and materials for complex, bespoke investigation contracts.
• Managing and assisting the preparation of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for Framework Agreements and Large Tenders
• Negotiation of effective cost settlements for projects
• Analysis of contract documentation and preparation of accurate subcontractor packages for pricing; liaising and negotiating with subcontractors and key
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Estimating and job costing experience within the Groundworks or Civil Engineering sector.
• Estimating and job costing experience in the investigation sector desirable but not essential.
• BSc Degree in relevant discipline desirable but not essential.
• Strong commercial acumen and problem-solving abilities.
• Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral.
• Excellent Negotiating Skills.
• In depth knowledge of civil engineering contracts.
• Full UK driving licence.
• CSCS card.
This is an opportunity to work for a national contractor with an excellent reputation who pride themselves on how they look after their employees.
To express your interest please contact Ben Symonds at Kenton Black Birmingham! or Apply now!