My client is an exciting startup biotechnology company who are creating and manufacturing a range of specialty chemicals with an eco-friendly focus. They are on a mission to disrupt their industry and are creating some novel technology solutions. They are offering a competitive pay package and benefits to attract incredible individuals who want to join the company and make an impact!
Responsibilities of the Fermentation Scientist are:
• Applying production and separation technology and scaling the process
• Working across the lab, pilot plant and also carrying out desk based engineering work
• Designing, operating and scale-up of fermentation and downstream processes
• Involved in scale up from 40L bioreactors to 600L bioreactors, taking product and translating the process from lab to plant all the way to commercial operation
The ideal candidate for the Fermentation Scientist should have:
• A BSc/MSc/PhD in Biotechnology or related subject
• An enthusiasm and ability to think creatively and develop new technology.
• Previous experience in scale up of fermentation processes
• Experience of running bioreactors
• Excellent trouble shooting skills in the context of fermentation and downstream processing.
If this sounds like you then please apply now!