Company details and job overview:
Based on the outskirts of St. Helens within easy commute from the M6, this business have recently completed on a number of acquisitions. As they absorb the accounting requirements for new entities, they are set for further growth in the coming 12 to 24 months. A highly successful group of specialist service based businesses they are one of the UK’s most vibrant and dynamic organisations. This role is new in the business and will support the Finance Lead, adding value across all areas of the business.
Your role as Finance Analyst:
As Finance Analyst you shall support the Head of Finance in order to control and monitor business spend to improve profitability. With exposure across the group, and the opportunity to liaise across all departments, you shall look to provide financial insight across various parameters in all areas of the organisation both at head office, and across group. The Finance Analyst shall also be supported by a talented finance lead who will ensure direction and guidance is provided as well as the opportunity for this role to add value.
Main Role Duties:
· Lead on procurement and spend control, sharing knowledge and technical expertise to support the business, customers and colleagues
· Managing procurement & indirect spend control across all areas of the business, this will include everything from reconciling the supplier account to tracking returns, credits, analysis and controlling supplier and internal Relationships.
· Analysis if costs such as Communications, insurance, fleet associated costs, stationary, print, consumables, IT, fuel, office lease and rental and major spend projects e.g. office moves, professional fees (legal, accountancy, consultancy)
· Review and analysis across supplier contracts, reviewing performance to ensure continuous opportunities for business optimisation
· Review and analysis of business spend including (but not limited to) reduction / savings in order to improve company profitability
· Review and production of budget detail and required KPI’s across group
· Production of financial analysis for projects which for ad hoc reporting
This is a varied role and will ensure you are engaged across all areas of the business. With the ability to influence the direction of spend and also enable effectiv3 management of costs, you shall partner with stakeholders to initiate and track behaviours which affect spend and the allocated costs.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered for this role you shall have experience in a fast paced environment, in a similar role. Open to Candidates who are QBE, studying or part/fully qualified, you shall have experience of working as part of a team with the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
Salary and reward on offer:
This is a diverse and exciting proposition to someone wanting to add value and be part of a growing, astute organisation. The business boast a n umber of benefits with on-site parking. You shall also have the scope to develop and progress and be part of a supporting organisation who are seen as a responsible employer of choice across the UK.
This Role Is Being Managed By Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.