Company Details & Job Overview:
With sites across the North West, and a focus on providing ethical services across the financial service sector, this dynamic and highly successful organisation have been awarded multiple sector specific accolades spanning many decades of trading. A local employer of choice, and one which value each and every member of the team, they are searching for a Finance Director to lead the finance function. A senior role, this position will work in a collaborative, engaging senior leadership team and help drive the strategic direction in a niche and technically challenging sector.
• Competitive Salary
• Hybrid Working
• Bonus Structure
• Enhanced Holidays
Your New Role As Finance Director:
Working alongside the Chief Executive and senior leadership team, this role will take ownership over all financial activities of the organisation. A diverse role, adding value across the strategic decision making process, you shall manage the finance function whilst remaining accountable for maintaining accurate financial records. As Finance Director you shall report on financial risk and ensure regulatory and statutory requirements are met.
Main role duties:
• Ownership and responsibility across the finance function to ensure accurate and timely production of monthly management accounting, year-end reporting and that all regulatory reporting requirements are met.
• Responsible for the preparation of Annual Reporting and Financial Statement review
• Support the preparation of the Corporate Business Plan, utilising resource to enable detailed and meaningful financial analysis
• Preparation of financial forecasting
• Budget monitoring and partnering across the organisation with key stakeholders
• Accountable for risk management in relation to financial indicators for Strategic, Financial and Credit Risks
• Preparation of Corporation Tax computations in accordance with appropriate tax legislation
• Management and development of the skills across the Finance function
• Responsible to ensure all Bank Accounts are reconciled and that there is an accurate and reconciled record of financial information across Nominal Ledger, Purchase Ledger, and the Fixed Assets Register
• Attend all meetings of the Audit Risk & Compliance Committee
• Management over the external audit relationships
• Lead the treasury management functions and all treasury requirements
• Develop the internal controls, updating and enhancing process and procedure where possible.
This is a truly varied role and very much part of the leadership team. A role which operates in a collaborative working environment, this senior position will drive the strategic direction of the organisation and seek to add value to the future success of an already well known, established ethically focused business.
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
With a proven track record of leading a finance function within the financial services sector, you shall be formally qualified (ACA CIMA ACCA) finance professional with strong technical accoutring skills. With experience in a regulatory environment you shall have the ability to develop process and systems. As a finance leader you shall have a strategic mindset and be able to communicate and influence others effectively. Driven, dynamic and a collaborative worker, you shall have the skills to develop junior members of the team and seek to enhance the finance function whilst providing support to the board and stakeholders.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
The business are offering a highly competitive salary, hybrid working and a number of benefits. With a bonus scheme in place, healthcare and enhanced holidays. The business recognise the importance of a work-life balance and provide the to achieve a balance between the two. With on-site parking, and a supportive board, this is an attractive role, in an established, astute business.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.