Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered exclusively with a £10-15m turnover construction business on the outskirts of Preston, as they seek to appoint an experienced Finance Manager. Established for almost 20 years, the business is experiencing continual growth both organically and through entering new and emerging markets.
Growth plans will see the business double in turnover and there are succession plans in place for this role to develop into a Finance Director position within 6-12 months.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
Alongside the progression path to FD level within a thriving and entrepreneurial business, you will be part of an inclusive and people orientated environment working in a friendly team.
My client is open to receiving applications from candidates seeking full time hours, or a 4 day week could be considered.
Company benefits include:
• A competitive starting salary depending on experience
• Bonus scheme (individual and company performance led)
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Flexibility around working hours and a company wide early finish each Friday
• Company pension
Your New Role as Finance Manager:
Reporting to the Managing Director, as Finance Manager you will enjoy an autonomous role covering a variety of commercial and hands on finance duties, overseeing 1 Accounts Assistant. As number 1 in finance, in a very hands on role, your responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts including commentary and analysis
• Production of year end statutory accounts, being the primary point of contact for auditors
• Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
• Cashflow forecasting
• Cost/margin and profitability analysis
• Quarterly VAT returns
• Preparation and posting of journals, accruals and prepayments
• Providing strategic support working closely with Directors to execute the strategic growth plan
• Ad hoc commercial and operational analysis to help drive the direction of the business
• Maintaining robust controls and processes, enhancing these where necessary
• Responsible for any recruitment, staff training and development within the finance team
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this Finance Manager position, you will be fully CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified, proven in a similar level finance role with good technical skills across all areas of finance. Knowledge of the construction industry is advantageous but not essential, and you will forward thinking with the ability to provide commercial advice to aid effective decision making. Additionally, you will be able to provide examples of adding value through strengthening existing systems and controls within a finance function.
In summary, this Finance Manager position offers a defined development path which will provide board level exposure in an autonomous and hands on position. This is a pivotal appointment with excellent business visibility and decision making input.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.