Company Details and Job Overview:
A fast-growth SME in Preston have doubled their turnover in the last 3 years and due to further forecasted growth, a new Finance Manager is required to join the business. This newly created position is an ideal move for a career driven, fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) accountant seeking a progressive role which offers a path to a Finance Director level appointment.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
Forming part of the Senior Leadership Team, this Finance Manager role offers excellent autonomy and the opportunity to add genuine value through being a key player in decision making. Alongside a competitive starting salary, you will receive comprehensive support from their highly experienced Finance Director to enable skills development and progression.
Company benefits include:
• Company bonus scheme (company and individual performance led)
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Private healthcare
• Regular performance and salary reviews
• Flexible working including hybrid arrangements
Your New Role as Finance Manager:
As Finance Manager, you will report to the Finance Director who you will work closely alongside. Leading a small team of junior accounts staff, you will be instrumental in providing training and mentorship to facilitate skills development within the team. This Finance Manager position includes many “hands on” duties whilst being required to offer commercial input to aid effective decision making. Specific duties will include:
• Ownership of the production of monthly management accounts including commentary and analysis
• Supporting with the preparation of annual statutory accounts and audit requirements
• Production of timely budgets and forecasts
• Work cross-functionally with budget holders, delivering any financial findings as appropriate
• Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit control processes
• Reviewing and enhancing financial systems and processes where required
• Project involvement – a new ERP system will be implemented within the next 12-18 months and you will be involved with M&A activity, as well as any other ad hoc projects
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
With strong technical accounting capabilities, you will also demonstrate good commercial acumen and business partnering skills. ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification is essential with the ambition to further progress into a number 1 finance position. Staff management experience is desirable but not essential as support can be provided in this area. Strong IT skills are imperative as you will be required to handle large data volumes on Excel and you will be involved in an upcoming system change.
This is an ideal opportunity for a career driven individual looking for a springboard opportunity to reach FD level and a sufficient level of support will be available. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will enjoy a varied position with many business facing elements where you will be a key player in driving ongoing business growth and success.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.