Company Details and Job Overview:
A growing organisation in Barrow-in-Furness have partnered exclusively with Kenton Black Finance as they seek to appoint an experienced Finance Manager. Forming part of a high calibre Senior Management Team, this is an autonomous position which will utilise technical accounting, leadership and business partnering skills.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• A competitive starting salary depending on experience
• Full time (37 hours), with an early 3:30pm finish each Friday
• Flexibility around working hours and opportunity for occasional remote working
• Full study package (CIMA/ACCA) if required
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
Your New Role as Finance Manager:
Reporting directly to the CFO, this Finance Manager position leads a team of 3 junior accounts staff. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Budget setting, budget monitoring and financial reporting
• Production of monthly management accountants and supporting in the year end process
• VAT returns
• Business partnering, providing financial advice to various internal and external stakeholders
• Reviewing existing systems and procedures, ensuring robust controls and enhancing these where required
• Providing strategic support in line with growth plans
• Providing ad hoc analysis and reports as required by the CFO
• Managing, mentoring and developing the finance team and overseeing financial transactions
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered, you will be proven in a similar finance role with good management/supervisory and delegating experience. Part or full CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualification is desired but candidates who are QBE are welcomed to apply, a comprehensive study package will be available if required which reflects the organisation’s culture of providing ongoing training, support and development opportunities for their staff. Additionally, you will have strong Excel skills (pivot tables, VLookups) and knowledge of Access Dimensions is advantageous.
To summarise, this is a varied senior level position which also provides opportunity for further skills and career development. Working in a friendly team of likeminded individuals, you will enjoy excellent variation and the opportunity to provide input to decision making and strategy. The CFO is happy to have an informal discussion with suitable applicants prior to a formal interview.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.