Company Details and Job Overview:
A new Finance Manager is required to join a leading construction business which is based in the Blackpool area, conveniently located nearby motorway links. Having secured a significant new contract, it is an exciting time to join the business and further growth is anticipated.
Working closely with Senior Management and Directors, the new Finance Manager will play a significant role in the future direction, growth and success of the business and opportunities for skills and career development will be available.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary dependent upon experience. In addition, the company offer the below benefits:
• Pension contribution matched up to 5%
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + an additional 2 days for charity involvement + bank holidays
• Working hours 9am-4.30pm (Mon-Thurs) and a 4pm finish each Friday – these hours/working arrangement may be flexible to suit individual requirements
• Discretionary bonuses in line with individual and business performance
Your New Role as Finance Manager:
Leading a small team of 2-3 junior finance staff, this Finance Manager role reports to the Director who will provide sufficient support to enable a successful transition into your new role. Ongoing support from an additional consultant Finance Director will also be available. Specific duties will include:
• Ownership of month end routine and management accounts production, providing narrative
• Production of annual accounts, liaising with external accountants
• Production of various ad hoc reports and analysis as required
• Management of cash flow
• Preparation of periodic budgets
• Overseeing intercompany transactions and reconciliations
• Preparation of monthly VAT returns and monthly CIS returns
• Managing and mentoring the finance team
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful Finance Manager will have exposure within a construction business and be proven in the above accounting duties. With a forward thinking working approach, you will demonstrate strong communication skills as you will be required to liaise with various internal and external stakeholders including Directors, commercial teams, HMRC and auditors. Strong leadership capability is required with good staff management/supervisory experience.
To summarise, this is a well-rounded Finance Manager role which provides a balance of hands on technical accounting and commercial business duties. You will have full oversight of the finance function whilst providing strategic input being involved in wider business decision making.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.