Company Details and Job Overview:
A well-known retail business on the Fylde Coast have partnered with Kenton Black Finance as they seek to appoint a new Finance Manager. Operating for 100+ years, the business is a national employer of choice which prides itself on its inclusive culture and values, (they have won multiple awards which reflect this!). They genuinely believe their people are at the heart of the business and staff at all levels are truly valued for their contributions to the business.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• A competitive starting salary depending on experience
• Flexible working arrangement including hybrid working once established in the role
• 33 days annual leave entitlement including bank holidays and increasing with length of service
• Outstanding discounts for staff, family and friends
• Healthcare and wellbeing benefits including BUPA cover, paid eye tests and flu vaccinations
• Employee and family support and counselling
• Generous employer contributory pension up to 8%
• Life assurance 8 x salary
• Cycle to work scheme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity package
• Encouraged and supported community and charity involvement, with 2 days for charity timegiving each year
• Training is actively encouraged and supported
Your New Role as Finance Manager:
As Finance Manager, you will report to the Head of Finance working within a friendly team of 8-10 finance/accounts staff. The Finance manager will enable effective support of the finance team to ensure that high-volume transactions are accurately recorded and reconciled.
Specific duties will include:
• Management of the transactional finance team being responsible for their training and development, monitoring KPIs and providing ongoing support
• Ensuring all purchase ledger tasks are performed within timescales and that all income streams are accurately recorded and flow through to monthly reconciliations of control accounts
• Posting invoices, expenses, petty cash and company credit card transactions
• Overseeing accruals and prepayments for month end
• Working cross-functionally, liaising with other non-finance staff to ensure accuracy of financial information and systems
• Supporting continuous improvement initiatives, reviewing existing procedures and enhancing these as required
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will have previous experience of transactional management with strong staff management skills. Strong systems skills are essential including Excel (pivot tables and Vlookups) and exposure to Navision is advantageous. Excellent communication skills are also required, with the ability to liaise with various stakeholders to provide financial information, support and advice. Additionally, exposure within a retail or stock holding business is desirable.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.