Company Details and Job Overview:
A growing multi academy trust in Cumbria are looking to appoint a Finance Manager on an initial 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave. There is genuine potential of this position becoming permanent after this time due to rapid growth and upcoming plans.
Continual professional development is a key focus within the organisation. In the short-term you will have the opportunity to add value to your CV, receiving sufficient levels of support and guidance from the Head of Finance. Longer term, in line with organic growth, career advancement opportunities will be available if the role becomes permanent.
The role can be appointed up to 37 hours per week. Flexible working options are available including some remote working and a reduced working week will be considered (e.g. school hours, term time or 4 days per week).
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive rate of pay depending on experience (£28,000 - £32,000)
• Flexibility around working hours to suit the individual
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• 23 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays – rising with length of service up to 30 days
• Continual professional development opportunities
• Gym access
• Cycle to work scheme
• Various wellbeing benefits
Your New Role as Finance Manager:
Receiving support and guidance from the Head of Finance, you will support with the development of financial operations, predominantly within primary schools. As Finance Manager your specific duties will include:
• Providing financial reports and information for the Trust Board of Directors and Headteachers
• Support in the preparation of budgets and longer-term financial forecasts
• Ensuring external reporting and filing requirements are met – VAT, PAYE, NI and pensions etc.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and month end requirements
• Bank reconciliations
• Posting of income and expenditure
• Contribute to the development of financial strategy and involvement in improving systems, processes and efficiencies
• Working cross functionally to deliver and advise on key financial information – presenting to various stakeholders including Headteachers and budget holders
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered you will be proven in a similar level role with strong inter-personal skills and communication skills. Experience within the Education sector is beneficial but not essential, but you will be able to quickly adapt and pick up new systems and processes. Strong IT skills are required including good knowledge of Microsoft Excel as well as mainstream or bespoke finance systems.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.