Company details and job overview:
Based in Wigan, my client is looking to recruit an experienced Finance Officer into their existing team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful business and work alongside an excellent team of professionals.
Key Benefits/Rewards on offer
You will be paid a competitive salary and excellent company benefits are on offer.
Your new role as a Finance Officer:
You will report into the Finance Director and will be a part of a great team. The role will offer progression and longevity.
Day to day duties:
• Entering purchase invoices / credit notes onto our CAFM System
• Importing sales and purchase data from our CAFM system to Xero
• Reconciliation and timely payment of supplier accounts
• Credit control duties – chasing payments, allocating payments
• Bank Reconciliations
• Day to day journaling / HP & Finance / Departmental Journals
• Petty cash reconciliations
• Making expense payments
• Completion of timely CIS returns
• Subcontractor verification
• PAYE payments
• Payments to labour only and bone fide sub-contractors
• Knowledge of VAT reverse charge rules within the Construction Industry
• Reconciliation of credit card transactions
• VAT returns
• Knowledge of payroll would be advantageous
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
• Previous experience within bookkeeping or similar role
• Xero or Sage experience
A great opportunity to join a successful and growing company who offer an excellent working environment and a friendly and supportive team.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachael West – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.