Company details and job overview:
Based in East Lancashire, this this diverse Not for Profit organisation are a values driven Housing provider and local employer of choice. With head office based within easy commute from the M65 and local train stations, they are recruiting for an experienced Rent Accountant to join their central finance function. A business who have many revenue streams, and one who have benefited from recent change to leadership, they are offering a unique opportunity to be part of a dedicated finance function, delivering an effective accounting solution who is dedicated in the production and management of statutory accounting across the group.
Salary and Enhanced Benefits include:
Salary up to £45,000 p.a. plus excellent benefits. Working week consisting of 36.25 hours, hybrid + flexible working, 28 days holiday + bank holidays, plus healthcare support and more.
Your new role as Financial Accountant:
As Financial Accountant you shall support the delivery of an effective financial accounts team, ensuring a robust control environment that supports the delivery of the annual statutory accounts for all the Group companies. You shall ensure the delivery of regulatory requirements for financial data including the group requirements for VAT and other taxes.
Main Role Duties:
• Producing the quarterly financial returns, working with the Financial Operations team to prepare the lead schedules for the year end audit, meeting with the external auditors to plan the approach for the year end audit.
• Reviewing and preparing balance sheet reconciliations and working with the Accounts Assistant to develop month end reporting information for the intercompany reconciliations.
• Delivering the preparation and delivery of the Groups external financial reporting, this will involve the preparation of the Group consolidated financial statements from subsidiary reporting packs.
• Key contact and liaison with the Groups external auditors liaising with them to ensure a smooth planned audit process.
• Support in the delivery of the year end Group and subsidiary management letters and annual reports that are presented to the Audit & Assurance Committee and the Operational and Group Boards.
• Ensure that adequate financial controls are embedded across the team, supported by control account reconciliations completed in a timely manner with any discrepancies investigated and resolved.
• Responsible for ensuring that appropriate systems and controls are in place for the correct calculation and payment of relevant taxes and pension contributions (i.e. Corporation Tax, VAT, CIS, Payroll Taxes) ensuring such payments are made on a timely basiss.
• Ensure the integrity of financial reporting and effective cash management across the Group in line with Treasury Strategy and Policy.
• Support demonstrating compliance against all regulatory and legislative requirements including delivery of annual statutory accounts and returns
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered you shall either be working towards or have attained a formal qualification relevant to this role or be qualified by experience having gained the skills and knowledge from a past position which matched the requirements above. You shall maintain a solid understanding of statutory accounting requirements in either practice or industry and have the skills to work closely with stakeholders. You shall be a strong communicator and able to partner with non-financial stakeholders across an organisation.
Salary and reward on offer:
Working in a business who value the people within, this role will benefit from a hybrid working arrangement and provide the development and support to enhance your skills. With exposure across the business you shall be working with likeminded professionals, with the opportunity to add value in this role and gain further exposure to all elements of finance and the operation.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman – Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.