Company Details & Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Wigan, within close proximity to the M6 and M58, this logistics and warehousing organisation are in a period of exceptional growth. Established for over 40 years they specialise in sectors of high demand and boast a number of further revenue streams. With a dynamic and forward thinking management team in place, the business are set to double in size over the next 12-18 months. This is an exciting time to join a business who truly believe success derives from each of their employees. A newly created role which sits on the management team, this role will manage and drive change whilst adding commercial value both short and long-term.
33 days holiday
Employee referral scheme
Access to employee assistance programmes
Contribution-based pension scheme
Opportunity to develop and training opportunities.
Your New Role As Financial Controller:
Reporting directly to the Chief Finance Officer you shall take the reigns of the finance function, leading on the month-end process. As Financial Controller you shall manage and motivate the team to ensure the accounting process is slick, accurate and efficient. Enabling the decision making process you shall also partner the commercial team and work closely with stakeholders in the budget and forecasting process. As Financial Controller you shall take ownership of the month-end process and related financial reporting, whilst continually looking to develop process and procedure as the business continues to grow.
Key Role Duties:
• Production and close of Month-end accounts including financial analysis and reporting within the board pack.
• Management of the group budget and forecasting process
• Business partnering with stakeholders across the wider group through effective reporting and concise communication
• Assisting in the presentation of reports to board members, senior executives, and board members along-side CFO
• Cash flow management
• Payroll management
• Supervision across the finance department staff. Setting objectives and monitoring progress
• Development and review across current business processes/procedures to ensure robust internal controls
• Supporting the audit process, liaising where required, this includes delivery and monitoring of the annual audit schedules
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Cost management with related reporting and analysis
• Continual focus to streamline and improve all operations, utilising accounting systems at all times.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant financial/accounting regulations
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
QBE, Part Qualified or Fully Qualified (CIMA ACA ACCA) you shall have operated in a similar business at a senior level. With working knowledge of GAGE software you shall have strong management skills and the ability to identify areas for development. With a proven track record of challenging process, you shall have the confidence to initiate and drive change. A strong analytical and problem-solving professional you will have the ability to motivate people to optimise performance and productivity. Solid in the numbers and hands-on in your day to day, this role will suit a driven accountant who is looking to grow in a fast-paced, ever changing organisation.
Salary & Reward On Offer:
This is an exciting time to join. With scope to develop further you shall be presented with the opportunity to add value across a multi-sire operation. With a number of benefits, enhanced holidays, enhanced pension scheme and support with study (if required), there is a clear progression path from the outset.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman – Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.