Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with a prestigious hotels group in Lancaster as they seek to appoint an experienced finance professional to take ownership of all financial activity for the hotel. Currently investing in a significant hotel refurbishment, the hotel boasts state of the art conference and event facilities, restaurants and bars. The successful candidate will be required to work cross-functionally throughout the hotel to deliver meaningful financial insight to aid effective decision making.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Hybrid working arrangement
• Flexibility on working hours
• Competitive starting salary depending on relevant experience
• Bonus scheme
• Company pension
• Annual leave entitlement which rises with length of service + additional day leave for your birthday
• 1 free meal per shift
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Tech discount scheme
• Gym membership discounts
Your New Role as Hotel Accountant:
Reporting directly to an engaging Hotel General Manager, this standalone finance position offers excellent variety and autonomy with many business facing aspects. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Production of monthly management accounts
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Production of budgets and forecasts
• Management of sales and purchase ledger
• Working closely with the GM to ensure profitability is optimised
• Support with management of stock
• Liaising with Heads of Departments to support budget management, providing financial advice and support where required
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
Knowledge of hotels/hospitality is desirable but not essential and you will be proven in a similar level/standalone finance role. Strong communication skills are imperative as you will be required to work cross-functionally and liaise with various internal stakeholders, challenging where necessary. Good analytical skills are required and knowledge of Sage 50 is advantageous.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.