Company details and job overview:
Based in Central Lancashire, this dynamic multi-site retail business have a proud and prestigious history spanning decades of successful trading. With a number of revenue streams and further expansion plans in the near future, they are searching for a commercially astute Financial Controller to take the reins of finance in a newly created position. They are seen as a retail business focused on delivering quality and value. With a client base spanning the UK they are offering a competitive salary with a number of enhanced benefits and progression potential.
Salary and Enhanced Benefits include:
Salary up to £58,000 p.a. Company car allowance. DIS, enhanced holiday entitlement, private medical and company pension scheme.
Your new role as Financial Controller:
Reporting to the Finance Director, this newly created position will take the reins of the finance function. Supporting and developing a team of 5, you shall be responsible for reviewing the monthly accounting whilst adding commercial value through partnering and reporting, aiding the decision making process for the group. Working closely across all departments you shall facilitate the budget and forecasting routine and assist in the development of process and procedure across the finance department.
Main Role Duties:
• Assist the Finance Director in the production and presentation of board pack detail to assist in the decision making process
• Manage the Finance function, developing skills and ensuring timely and accurate production of accounts
• Business partnering across departments and various sites across the UK
• Review of monthly Management Accounts packs and ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations across all business units
• Ensure that effective processes, procedures and controls are in place to support further growth
• Create financial reporting to review financial results, trends and rolling forecasts
• Support the Management Accountant with the production of the annual budget and
• Review financial plans and budgets on a regular basis to facilitate and manage cost reduction opportunities
• Project accounting across the group to aid further growth and current financial position.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered you shall be ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified with a proven track record of adding value in a similar senior role. Experienced within group accounting you shall have the skills to develop process and procedure and further experience of managing a team of professionals. You shall have sound excel skills and experience of working in a fast paced, commercial environment. Experience in the retail sector is an advantage.
Salary and reward on offer:
Working in a business who have a proven track record of developing their proposition in a competitive environment, this role is rewarded with a number of benefits which include company car allowance, death in service, private medical and enhanced holiday package. With the view for this role to progress and develop further you shall have development opportunity and the chance to work along-side a market leading retail business in growth.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman – Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.