Company Details and Job Overview:
A privately owned Group of businesses in Cumbria are looking to recruit an experienced senior finance professional within their business. This is an exciting time to join the business as they have experienced significant growth over the last 2 years with further growth ambitions.
Based at their brand new offices in Bowness-on-Windermere, a hybrid working arrangement will be available for the successful applicant.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• A competitive starting salary depending on experience
• Flexibility around working hours
• A hybrid working arrangement
• Excellent working environment in a brand new office space in Bowness-on-Windermere, with on site parking spaces
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Gym membership
• Employee discounts
• Company events
Your New Role as Financial Controller:
The purpose of the role is to take ownership for all aspects of financial control and management accounting for a number of hospitality and leisure venues within the group. Leading a team of 3 finance staff, you will receive support from a consultant Finance Director and other senior management within the Group.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Production of the monthly management accounts pack
• Providing periodic cash flow forecasts
• Reconciliation of intercompany accounts
• Producing meaningful budgets
• Providing year end information, working closely with external accountants
• Providing strategic support to aid effective decision making, contributing to growth plans and business plans
• Working cross-functionally with other heads of departments for each company within the group, delivering key financial information and helping to manage their budgets effectively
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will be proven in a similar level autonomous finance position. You will be a collaborative worker with a forward thinking working approach and the ability to enhance existing processes and procedures within a finance function. Experience of working within a fast-paced hospitality environment is desirable but not essential and you will be a good communicator with skills to mentor and develop junior finance staff.
To summarise, this is a well-rounded senior finance position which provides excellent variation with duties covering a combination of technical and commercial accounting. This role provides the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing growth of the business and add value in many ways.
An immediate start is available, please submit your CV for consideration.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.