Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with an award winning service provider in Lancaster as they look to appoint a new finance lead within the business. Sitting as number 1 in finance, this position includes a combination of hands on finance duties alongside providing strategic input to aid effective decision making and growth.
A permanent position is available, however my client is also interested to speak with any suitable candidates who would be prepared to provide interim support whilst the recruitment is in process for the permanent role.
Key Benefits/Rewards on Offer:
“People” are at the heart of this organisation where each member of staff is truly valued. The business offers an impressive benefits package including:
• 33 days annual leave entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with length of service + an extra day off for your birthday + extra leave gifted for the Christmas period
• Additional annual leave purchase scheme
• Competitive company pension scheme with enhanced matched contributions
• 35 hour working week with flexible working arrangements including hybrid working and flexibility around working hours
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave
• An array of welfare and wellbeing benefits including sick pay; paid compassionate leave; life insurance; employee helplines; discounted gym membership; cycle to work scheme; eye tests and flu vaccinations + other benefits
• Various teambuilding and charity/fundraising events
Your new role as Financial Controller:
This is a pivotal role which takes ownership for all financial activities for the business, leading the finance team and providing strategic guidance to senior management. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Production of the management accounts pack
• Responsibility for year end statutory accounting requirements, working closely with all relevant external bodies
• Preparation of financial budgets and forecasts
• Preparation of various reports to present at Board level
• Working cross-functionally to provide meaningful insight and advice to departmental heads
• Overseeing the development of existing financial systems and processes
• Ensuring best practice in terms of financial governance and legislative requirements
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will be proven in a similar level number 1 finance role within an SME environment. Strong technical finance skills are required and you will demonstrate good commercial acumen with the ability to provide valuable input and challenge where necessary. You will be a strong leader with excellent communication skills and implementing ongoing positive change within a finance function.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.