Company Details & Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Blackburn, this fast paced, highly successful group boast a number of industry awards and are one of the fastest growth business units in the UK. Operating across the globe they offer state of the art offices, with a number of on-site facilities. Within easy commute from the M65, they are a business who strive on quality and actively seek to promote from within. With a number of areas in growth, they have a newly established position within the finance function. Seen as a local employer of choice the group offer a number of employment benefits.
Flexible working pattern (Core hours 5 days a week in the office)
Your New Role As Financial Controller:
A newly established role this Financial Controller position will be an essential asset to the business, reporting into the Finance Lead you will be responsible for overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning & analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and identifying opportunities improve to procedures & controls. Leading and developing a team of talented leger staff, this position requires a hands-on, commercially astute finance professional with the strong technical skills to fine tune process.
Main role duties:
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company
• Production of monthly management accounts and supporting financial data, along with the preparation of monthly and annual reports, providing key points and recommendations
• Establish, develop and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
• Collaborate with senior stakeholders, operational colleagues and relevant departments to business partner across the division and wider group
• Provide data-backed recommendations, adding value to the board pack in order to support effective decision-making
• Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared on a monthly basis, and that all balances are correct and differences investigated
• Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
• Deep involvement in the year-end audit process on performance-related queries
• Undertake various project work such as automation, systems (SAP/POS) improvement
• Oversee and produce monthly Board Pack and Profit & Loss Account
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
After a recent major acquisition this role will suit an adaptable and efficient individual with a strong finance background. You will have the opportunity to use your experience & initiative to implement processes, collaborate with key stakeholders and support with the natural development and progression of the team. To be considered for this role you shall be a qualified accountant (CIMA ACA ACCA) with experience in a similar Finance Manager role. With strong technical skills and attention to detail, you shall have strong communication skills and management experience of others in finance.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With a competitive salary you will be working alongside like-minded professionals in an environment where there is opportunity to develop and progress. There are many on-site facilities and the office space is a collaborative area where divisions and departments facilitate and welcome interaction across all levels. There are a number of benefits and as the business continue to grow, so to will the ability to add value in a fast-paced, award winning business.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.