Company Details and Job Overview:
A local authority require an interim finance professional for an initial minimum period of 6 months, although a longer-term requirement may arise. The requirement involves maintaining the Council’s financial systems to enable financial data to be presented to key stakeholders to assist in effective decision making.
The offices are based on the Fylde Coast, close to the M55 Kirkham motorway exit, but hybrid working is available.
Rate of pay is depending on experience, in the region of £300 - £450 per day (inside IR35).
Your New Role as Systems Accountant:
Reporting to the Head of Finance, your responsibilities will include:
• Be the primary point of contact for all finance systems queries
• Ensure appropriate controls and checks are in place to ensure data accuracy and integrity, developing these where required
• Oversee the day-to-day systems administration for the financial ledger
• Lead systems upgrades and developments
• Provide systems training and development within finance
• Oversee the accounts payable activities, ensuring service standards are maintained
• Oversee the production of monthly management reports from the system
• Review reporting templates, updating these as required
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
My client is seeking support from an experienced finance professional with a flair for systems maintenance and development. Experience within the public sector is advantageous, specifically Local Authority although this is not essential criteria.
An immediate start is available, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.