Freelance Design Manager - Highways / Civils / Infra
Northwest / Mersey
Part Time: 2-3 days per week
Initial Duration: 6 months (potential further works)
My Client are a Large Main Contractor operating on numerous Highways Frameworks on construction and routine maintenance works. Due to a period of expansion there is a requirement for a Freelance Design Manager in the Northwest/Merseyside area.
The design manager must have similar previous experience and will be responsible for the whole design process from ECI to construction. They will support the effective management of external design consultants to provide value engineering solutions and designs for our client.
Thorough understanding of the design process and ability to coordinate all design matters relating to multiple projects. Management of design process utilising commercial, contractual, programme awareness and technical expertise achieving programme and to budget
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Management and co-ordination of the design process
• Effective management of external design consultants
• Agree design deliverables and construction programmes
• Ensure all surveys and ECI stages are completed and required information is collated and submitted as required
• Liaison with designers, attending regular meetings
• Ensure designs are provided and submitted as per deliverables programme
• Preferably degree qualified in a relevant discipline
• Relevant professional qualifications, e.g. professional body such as IMechE, IET, ICE etc.
• BIM accreditation desirable
• Further qualifications in design management or project management would be useful
• Able to develop strong relationships with client stakeholders by effective communication
• NEC Contract Experience
Apply now with an up to date CV or contact Dan Standish @ Kenton Black (Leeds) for more info