Are you a driven Environment and Sustainability professional looking to join an established multi-disciplinary construction company? A leading contractor are looking for a Freelance Environmental Manager to provide experienced support on a major infrastructure project in the West Midlands. The assignment is for six months.
Reporting into the Group Environmental & Sustainability Manager you will be:
• Managing sustainability & assurance across the sprawling scheme
• Working with project teams throughout providing technical environmental and sustainability support
• Undertaking environmental inspections and audits
• Liaising with stakeholders to obtain licenses and consents for individual contracts
• Proactively improving performance by engaging with the management team and all staff
• Assisting the Highways Environmental Sustainability lead and wider Infrastructure environmental team in any best practice initiatives
The company are renowned for adding value to strategic partnerships with clients and regulatory bodies and as such you must be a consummate professional with the ability to support and influence, particularly across BREEAM and its process, management and coordination. Other key requirements for the role are:
• A degree in a relevant subject
• Working knowledge of ISO:14001
• Experience in an operational Environmental role within the Highways and Infrastructure sector (ESSENTIAL)
• Confident communication skills with great initiative
• Member of IEMA
• Experience / competence managing operations within an accredited environmental management system, including people / processes / systems
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an industry-leading group and driving their Sustainability agenda to drive continuous improvement throughout their Environmental impact. With a very competitive salary £450-550p/d (dependent on qualifications and experience – this also must go through Umbrella), this is an excellent role with an exceptionally reputable contractor.