Freelance Public Liaison Officer
Liverpool / Merseyside
Sector: Highways / Local Authority Highways
Start 11th April 2023
Duration: 6 Months
As a Freelance Public Liaison Office you will be working with the Site Team on a Northwest Highways Framework. Due to the nature of these works, a Freelance Public Liaison Officer is required to consult with local residents, users and key stakeholders to raise awareness of the project, support the site team with enquires and community engagement.
As a Freelance Public Liaison Officer will lead in communicating our works activities with local stakeholders including: local businesses, road users, residents and the wider public whilst upholding the reputation of the Main Contractor at all times. You will communicate stakeholder requirements to the project manager, acting as the first point of contact for any stakeholder concerns or issues. You will also work with the social value team to deliver engagement with local schools and charities to support the requirements of the Main Contractor social value charter.
• Worke with the Project Manager to organise programme of communication with Stakeholders
• Stakeholders include; surrounding residents and businesses
• Organise and attend stakeholder meetings in partnership with the Project Manager and clients
• Organise and attend stakeholder outreach activities, such as Q&A sessions and drop-ins
• Communicate updates on road closures and diversions to stakeholders
• Work with the Project Manager and client to design appropriate information leaflets
• Compile all stakeholder needs, contact details and requirements within a community engagement log - update on regular basis and ensure it is shared with the works team.
• Keep a detailed Compliments/Complaints Log
• Ensuring all feedback is recorded, analysed and followed-up systematically.
• Engage with local schools to arrange activities, liaising with project teams and Social Value Lead to ensure delivery is relevant to our sector
• Liaise with charities and community groups for delivery of relevant social value targets.
• Self-motivated able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent communicator, considerate of the needs of colleagues working in close proximity
• Able to keep accurate records and provide detailed reports on delivery.
• Good with computers and a natural ability to learn new skills
• Ability to work under pressure and stay calm
• A good team player able to build strong relationships
• Positive attitude to working with people and delivering outcomes
• Capable of empathising with people and being a good listener
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Apply now with an up to date CV or contact Dan Standish at Kenton Black (Leeds) for more info