Job Title: Freelance Section Engineer
Project: Utilities, Earthworks & Heavy Structures
Rate: £325 Per Day Outside IR35
Start Date: August 2023
I am currently recruiting for a Section Engineer with Highways and Structure experience for a Major Infrastructure project. Section Engineer will be managing Junior Engineers and assists the Sub Agent in construction operations.
• You will liaise with the Sub Agent and Section Foreman to allocate labour, plant and materials to carry out works activities to the required standards, programme and budget.
• Responsible for managing the site setting-out team.
• Responsible for the performance and development of the Site Engineers
• Identifying and resolving technical problems on site in liaison with the Sub-Agent.
• Monitoring and coordinating subcontractors in the performance of their works, ensuring they are completed to the contractual requirements.
• Ensuring that the team have all current information and resources required to carry out their duties.
• Required to assist with the production of programmes, progress reports, resource and cost plans and contribute to financial forecasting.
Experience in utilities, earthworks, heavy structures or drainage is essential for this role.
Scope of the works includes 15 viaducts, 5km of green tunnels, 22km of road diversions, 67 overbridges and around 30 million cubic metres of excavation.
If you are interested, please call the Birmingham office and ask for Matt Wilson!