Graduate analyst is needed near Burton on Trent. This analyst will perform Analytical duties without supervision to the required productivity and quality specifications after receiving full training.
• To always maintain good laboratory practice, following methods, standard operating procedures, local rules and regulations, maintain equipment and safe working procedures.
• To be aware of and conform to the Laboratory Quality system, specifically UKAS (ISO17025) and MCERTS requirements.
• To update and maintain all work records including training records, equipment records, system suitability, batch sheets, NCW and Issues ensuring they are completed in an appropriate manner, and both filed and stored correctly.
• To perform routine maintenance and performance checks, document accordingly and report any faults and/or abnormalities in equipment and data to a Line Manager in the appropriate timescales.
• To project a professional, courteous image and always support the business culture and codes of practice.
• To embrace and actively participate in positive change, being responsible for your own development within the business.
• To have a sound understanding of the analytical methods and processes within the department and assist in the training of new staff members as and when required.
• To adhere to and support the Line Manager in attaining the production and quality targets of the department.
• To organise, prioritise and monitor one’s own workload in alignment with the current objectives of the department and Section Leader, ensuring that customer requirements are met all the time.
• Experience with GC-MS testing
• Experience of Laboratory procedures, principles, methods and instrumentation.
• Experience of working in a high pressure production driven environment.
• Good understanding of scientific principles, nomenclature, and theory.
• Computer literacy – specifically knowledge of Microsoft excel and Word.
• Experience of Safe Working Procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
• Thorough experience and understanding of working to UKAS and MCERTS standards.