Section Head – Gene Therapy
County Waterford, Ireland
Competitive salary with a substantial benefits package
My client, a global biopharmaceutical company, are based in County Waterford – with Cork just over an hour away and Dublin is 2.5 hours drive away! My client are a global leader in supplying services to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries. In 2021, their generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and have been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. They have a rare opportunity for a Section Head to join their Gene Therapy team.
Offering a very competitive salary and benefits package, including a bonus for staff at all levels.
Responsibilities of the Section Head will be:
• Effectively co-ordinate and manage the department so that the quality of work and the quality of service consistently meet the requirements of the organisation and the client.
• Manage client project planning, set up and resources.
• Build and manage client relationships at an operational level. This will include communicating proposals, quotes, operational matters, and delivery of final product.
• To organise the scheduling of work.
• Ensure that scheduled work is completed accurately and within agreed timelines.
• Ensure equipment and systems calibration / qualification schedules are adhered to.
• Ensure investigations and technical issues are completed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Maintaining the MOS (management Operating System) and reporting performance as required.
• Achieve the financial targets of the section.
The ideal candidate for the Gene Therapy Section Head will have:
• A BSc or equivalent in immunology, molecular cell biology or life sciences is essential. Postgraduate qualification is desirable.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience cGMP analytical chemistry with at least 2/3 years at a senior level.
• Gene Therapy experience required
• Excellent leadership and management skills.
If you are an experienced GMP Scientist with leadership and Gene Therapy experience then please apply now!