Graduate chemists are needed in Bath. These chemists will be joining an existing R&D Team for development and supply of premium beauty and cosmetic products to highly respected brands and retailers in Bath. These chemists will be on a full-time permanent role based at the Wilshire site near Bath.
The role will involve:
• Assisting the Chemists/Technical Managers in the day to day running of the laboratory.
• Formulating and making formulations and preparing samples for customer evaluation, product stability and compatibility testing.
• Keep up to date with raw material launches and attend supplier meetings regularly.
• Organise and monitor all the required testing including stability sign off.
• Maintain accurate records relating to the development and production of safe and legal cosmetics and personal care formulations.
• Preparing bulks for user trial, clinical efficiency testing, safety testing and any other appropriate purposes.
• Work closely with the Process Chemist and Process department to ensure products are scaled up successfully.
• Organise and oversee pilot batches and relevant factory trials, record and monitor all associated.
• Perform and maintain the COSHH system for raw material safety evaluation.
• Oversee pilot batch and first production, with support of Chemist/Technical Manager if required.
• Demonstrate effectiveness as a member of the Technical Team through consistent professional conduct and role model behaviour.
• In-house market knowledge & trends
• End-to-end service from idea generation through to manufacturing and launch
• Technical, commercial and production expertise
• Outstanding customer service
To apply for this position, you will need to have:
• Top level Cosmetic Science graduate, looking to start work immediately
• Must have undertaken a placement year or have experience in Labs
• Strong interest in Cosmetic Science and working in a Laboratory Environment
• Knowledge and understanding of formulation development, project management and product scale up
• Competitive Salary
• Access to our in-house L&D team
• Structured Graduate Programme offering Leadership and Development training as well as Soft Skills training
• Excellent progression opportunities
To Apply: Submit your CV to Henry.firstname.lastname@example.org or email for more information