Graduate Development Chemist
Graduate Development chemists are needed in Birmingham. These chemists will be joining an existing NPD Team for development and supply of products to highly respected brands and retailers in Birmingham. These chemists will be on a full-time permanent role based at the site in Birmingham.
The role will involve:
• Assisting the Chemists/Technical Managers in the day to day running of the laboratory.
• Formulating and making formulations and preparing samples for customer evaluation, product stability and compatibility
• Claims support work, artwork approval, supporting product scale up and production/commissioning
• Preparing bulks for user trial, clinical efficiency testing, safety testing and any other appropriate purposes.
• Working Hours: 38 per week Monday – Friday 08.30 – 5.00 Monday -Thursday with a 3pm finish on Friday
To apply for this position, you will need to have:
• Chemistry or Cosmetic Science degree or similar
• Preferably undertaken internship, a placement year or have experience in Labs in FMCG settling
• Strong interest in a Laboratory environment
• Knowledge and understanding of formulation development, project management and product scale up
• Problem solving skills
• Salary based off experience
• Free parking
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free onsite parking
• Quarterly attendance bonus
• Inhouse incentives (Monthly)
• Work events
• Eye care
• Dress down Friday
• 23 days annual leave + Bank Holiday increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service.
• We offer salary sacrifice pension scheme through legal and general if they are of qualifying age of minimum 22 and this is the standard 3 and 5%.