Company Details & Job Overview:
With a group turnover of over £150m this group have seen ongoing success across 3 UK based business units. Each in a period of high growth they are also due to acquire a further site in the coming 12 months. A leader in the field, they are seeking a talented Group Accountant to join the head office function based on the outskirts of Merseyside. With a focus on manufacturing the highest quality of product, they are offering the successful Candidate a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, this is a progression opportunity within a dynamic organisation.
Your New Role As Group Accountant:
Working in a team of 8, this group function oversee the production of the month, quarterly and year end consolidation of accounts as well as managing the statutory requirements for the business units and group. Working closely with the 3 business units based in the North, adding value to the budgeting process and board pack detail, you shall be responsible for the collation of financial information and work to deadlines to ensure the timely production of financials are maintained. A varied and interesting role, no day is the same and this fast paced group have the opportunity for you to gain exposure across multiple business units, enhancing process and controls along the way.
Role duties and profile:
To undertake a centralised Group Finance role to include:
• Consolidation of the monthly Group accounts and preparation of the monthly Group Board Papers, incorporating; P&L, balance sheet and cash flow positions, key KPI’s and supporting commentary
• Understand, manage and control Group finance models and templates and liaise with operating companies should issues arise
• Assistance with preparation of annual Group Budget
• Assistance with preparation of Group Annual and Interim Financial Statements
• Preparation of Statutory Accounts for all subsidiary companies and associated liaison with auditors
• Assistance with determining interim and year end Corporation Tax provision and associated computations
• Control the review and submission of statutory filings and ensure the relevant payments are made to HMRC relating to VAT, PAYE, PSA and P11Ds
• Monitor divisional compliance with accounting standards and Group accounting policies
• Implementing new and / or updated IFRS Accounting standards across the Group
• Involvement in a variety of adhoc projects including assistance with potential acquisitions
• Where necessary, producing, implementing and updating Financial control policies and procedures
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
You shall be a highly motivated, financially technical individual with a flexible approach and excellent communication and analytical skills. Someone who enjoys a hands-on approach, you shall have the capacity to quickly adapt to a changing environment. With an ‘eye-for-detail’ and the ability to challenge you shall be ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with a sound understanding of current IFRS, FRS101 and FRS102 accounting standards. With experience of group consolidation reporting and statutory reporting you shall have had previous exposure to Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE would be beneficial. The position requires someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent Excel skills and teamwork is essential in this role, you will need to be a confident and assertive communicator with the ability to build rapport and work with people at all levels. You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results. With effective organisational ability and time management skills this role will benefit from possible UK travel (expensed) where the exposure across group will be granted.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With a rewarding package on offer, and the ability to progress in your role, this position remains pivotal to further success in a thriving business in growth. An award winning business who pride themselves on providing a quality product you shall be surrounded by likeminded individuals who all strive to push the boundaries in an exciting and rewarding environment. With on-site parking, a contributory pension, enhanced holidays and the option of share options longer term, this is a role where a career can be calved and you can add value throughout.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.