Company details and job overview:
Based on the outskirts of St. Helens within easy commute from the M6, this established group have seen continuous growth over a prolonged period of over 30 years. Highly acquisitional, with a range of businesses in the portfolio, they are seeking a talented, dynamic financial controller to join the business in a newly established role. A highly successful group of specialist service based businesses they are one of the UK’s most vibrant and dynamic organisations. Providing a springboard to each employee to develop, grow and develop, this family owned business are one of the largest of their kind in the UK. With further acquisitions, they have also seen organic growth in all areas and have exceeded the £300m mark in turnover.
Your role as Financial Controller
This unique opportunity will support the FD and directors whilst leading from the front, managing the accounting function and the day to day outputs of the department. As Financial Controller in a fully office based role you shall develop, mentor and manage the team, whilst developing process and procedure in a fast paced environment. A hands-on role, adding value to the month and year end accounting, you shall establish controls and create a department who add value to each of the businesses in the group, as well as the head office function.
Main Role Duties:
• Prepare and present accurate and timely management accounts for several business units and also contribute to the consolidated group accounts on a monthly and yearly basis, this includes P&L, Balance Sheet and related month-end duties
• Managing the supervisors across Purchase Ledger, Credit Control and Payroll to ensure timely production of the financial detail is completed and accurate at all times
• Provision of meaningful financial analysis to enable and enhance the decision making process and enhance the profitability of the business and associated revenue streams
• Manage and develop the budgeting process to create accurate financial forecasts
• Cash flow Management
• Identify and partner with stakeholders on strategic projects to add value to the commercial decision making process
• Install robust financial controls, process and procedures across the function to safeguard assets and minimise errors and risk
• Support the Finance Director during external audits to ensure compliance with financial regulations, accounting standards, tax regulations and any other financial reporting standards
• Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate financial software and technology for efficiencies and compliance
• Recruit and retain the best talent possible to form effective teams
• Develop existing skills and challenge underperformance to upskill each division in the finance function
• Drive positive change, supporting succession planning and fit for purpose headcount in the business
• Supervise and mentor team leaders to develop the skills within each area of finance, PL CC and Payroll
This is a truly diverse Financial Controller position which will support the growth of a successful business. With future progression, where no day will be the same, you shall be supported along the way by a talented finance lead in a position which shall play an important part of the continued success of the group. As part of a leading organisation you will be surrounded by like-minded professionals who have the technical and operational expertise for you to learn and grow in your role.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered for this role you shall have experience in a fast paced environment, in a similar role. Technically astute, you shall have strong management skills and have developed controls and procedures in a larger business whilst adding value to the day to day production of monthly and yearly management accounts. A strong person, with the ability to influence others, you shall also have a formal qualification (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) and have at least 2 years senior finance experience. You shall have experience of working as part of a team with the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
Salary and reward on offer:
This is a diverse and exciting proposition to someone wanting to add value and be part of a growing, astute organisation. The business boast a number of benefits and provide the scope to develop and progress in a fast paced, dynamic business. You shall have the opportunity to be part of a supporting organization, who are seen as a responsible employer of choice across the UK.
This Role Is Being Managed By Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.